Having collaborated with some of the best creative personnel in Colorado, we are ready to assemble the right team for your project. Since every production is unique, we identify your needs and work with you through each step of the process.
Educational Seminars for High School Video Teachers
Aaron Burns has developed innovative educational strategies for teaching young adults video storytelling. He offers seminars that guide video high school educators in their efforts to improve the school experience for students.
Aaron will travel to your school and give teachers and/or administrators a hands-on seminar in which they learn suggested curriculum. He guides each participant through the process of producing a short documentary video. The seminar can be tailored to any experience level or to address other specific needs. After the in-person instruction, arrangements can be made to provide additional support with long-distance coaching as teachers work through classroom challenges during the school year. He will advise you on potentially branching out from non-fiction toward fiction filmmaking.
A seminar will help you specifically in these areas:
- Developing effective Expeditionary Learning (EL), Project-Based Learning (PBL) and Collaborative Learning (CL). The goal is to give students an immersive, hands-on experience.
- Preparing students for college and/or the professional workplace.
- Giving students the chance to develop knowledge and skills in real-world contexts.
- Empowering students to bring overlooked stories—perhaps their own—to the screen.
- Giving your colleagues the chance to work together with you toward a shared vision.
- Helping you re-imagine what learning should be: An innovative, progressive learning environment for the 21st century.
Aaron has taught professionally at the Colorado Film School since 2009 and at the Youth Documentary Academy summer program since 2014.
Here are some samples of some documentaries his students have produced.
We have worked with several non-profits, many of whom had never tried video production before. We know how to work with your budget while still delivering top-notch production that will help your organization reach its goals.
We specialize in web campaigns designed to make your web page a true Landing Page. We strategize with you on the best way to increase hits and — more importantly — conversions.
Our corporate video capabilities extend into internal communications, training videos, event packaging, announcements, meetings, and external and internal PR.
Burns Video provides copywriting services for web, radio and television productions. From concise, formal traditional announcer to more daring cutting-edge styles, we will work with you to find the right voice for your campaign.
For more information on pricing and availability, please fill out the contact form or call (970) 444-2876.